The National Drainage Academy (NDA) is comprised of a national network of certified trainers. Each trainer has at least 10 years of experience in general drainage maintenance or specialist drainage skills. In addition to this requisite, each trainer is approved by EU Skills and are also WRc approved trainers.
Further to this requirement, each trainer should hold a level 3 educational/training qualification and safety certification such as IOSH Managing Safely. The NDA are recognised by the National Association of Drainage Contractors (NADC) as approved providers of training for DrainSafe.
The NDA currently provide DrainSafe approved training in the following areas:
- CCTV Investigation: The Certified Drain Surveyors (CDS) course was designed by the Water Research Centre (WRc) in conjunction with the NADC and the Environment Agency and is recognised as approved certification by water companies, local authorities and construction professionals. It follows the guidelines set out within the Drainage Repair Book and the Manual of Sewer Condition Classification (5th Edition).
- SHEA Drains and Sewers: Developed in collaboration with NADC and is designed for individuals who work with drains and sewers and require access to operational sites within the drainage and sewerage industry, both permanent and temporary, at all levels including operatives, supervisors and management.
- High Pressure Water Jetting: Designed to provide operators with the knowledge to jet drains safely and efficiently.
- Cured In Place Pipe (CIPP), Patching and Lining: Accredited by EU Skills and supported by the WRC, we offer confidence that all attendees have been trained to a high skill level and are able to successfully install liners and patches in diameters up to 300mm.
- Electro-Mechanical Equipment: This fully certified training course covers the safe use of electro-mechanical machines. It is based on Spartan which are the most popular in the UK but includes all other makes including Ridgid, Monument, Rioned & Trojan.